|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||1TON|
|Packaging Details:||Drum-net weght:20KG|
|Payment Terms:||T/T, Western Union|
|Supply Ability:||1000 TON/YEAR|
|Type:||Pharmaceutical Intermediate||Usage:||Organic Synthesis, Analytical Reagent|
|Other Name:||2-Methylphenol||Appearance:||Transparent Liquid|
|Cas NO:||95-48-7||Application:||Diluent, Disinfectant And Plasticizer|
|Flash Point:||81°C||Molecular Formula:||C7H8O|
O-methylphenol, also known as o-phenol, has a molecular formula of C7H8O and a molecular weight of 108.14. It is a colorless crystal with an aromatic odor and is flammable. Dissolved in about 40 times of water (3% solubility in water at 40 ° C, 5.3% at 100 ° C). Soluble in caustic soda and almost all common organic solvents.
English name: o-Cresol
English synonyms: O-CRESOLLIC; O-METYSYLPHENOL; O-HYDROXYTOLUENE; FEMA 3480; 2-HYDROXYTOLUENE; 2-METHYLPHENOL; 1-HYDROXY-2-METHYLBENZENE
Molecular formula: C7H8O
Molecular weight: 108.14
CAS No.: 95-48-7
MDL number: MFCD00002226
EINECS number: 202-423-8
RTECS number: GO6300000
BRN number: 506917
2-Hydroxytoluene; 2-Methylphenol; 2-Cresol; 2-OH-benzyl; 2-hydroxybenzyl
|Water Solubility:||20 g/L (20℃)|
It can be used as a diluent, disinfectant and plasticizer for the production of sebacic acid.
It is an important fine chemical intermediate for synthetic pesticides, dyes, plastic antioxidants, polymerization inhibitors and perfumes.
Used as an analytical reagent and used in organic synthesis
1. In case of fire, high heat or oxidant can cause burning. It has weak acidity and reacts with sodium hydroxide to form soluble sodium salt, but does not react with sodium carbonate. The o-cresol sodium salt is reacted with an alkylating agent such as dimethyl sulfate to form a phenol ether. Reacting with an aldehyde to obtain a synthetic resin. Catalytic hydrogenation to form methylcyclohexanol. Under mild conditions, o-cresol can be nitrated, halogenated, alkylated and sulfonated. O-cresol is easily oxidized, and the color becomes darker when it comes into contact with light and air to form hydrazines and other complex compounds.
2. Toxic. Mainly acts on the central nervous system, and even death in severe cases. Cresol vapor or smoke can damage the skin and cause chronic nephritis and neurological disorders when inhaled. The maximum allowable concentration in the workplace air is 5*10-6. Rat oral LD501350mg/kg. Production equipment should be sealed and operators should be equipped with protective equipment.
3. Stability: stable
4. Incompatible materials: strong oxidants, alkalis
5. Conditions to avoid contact: lighting
6. Polymerization hazard: no polymerization
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. The package is sealed and must not be in contact with air. It should be stored separately from oxidants, alkalis and food chemicals, and should not be mixed. Equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire equipment. The storage area should be provided with suitable materials to contain spills.
|Packaging Details:||Drum-net weght:180KG|
|Delivery Detail:||Shipped in 7 days after payment|
This product is widely used in fuel oil and lubricants antioxidant additives, it can also be used for rubber and plastic antioxidant. This product can be used alone, can also be used in combination. Is T501 (BHT) antioxidant replacement products, the same dose of antioxidant effect is better than T501. Applicable to the use of antioxidants T501 in a variety of products, especially in the fuel oil performance is superior, and easy to use, the price is lower than the antioxidant T501.
Packing: galvanized iron drum, net weight 180kg / barrel.
Shipped in 7 days after payment