|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||Negotiation|
|Supply Ability:||1000 tons / month|
|Classification:||Chemical Auxiliary Agent||Molecular Formula:||C7H8O|
|Purity:||99% Min||CAS NO:||108-39-4|
|Type:||Pharmaceutical Intermediate||Appearance:||Clear Colorless To Slight Red Liquid|
|Other Names:||3-methylphenol||Application:||Synthetic Resin And Plastics|
para tert butylphenol,
English name: m-Cresol
English alias: 3-Hydroxytoluene; 3-Methylphenol; Meta-Cresol; m-methylphenol; Hydroxy-3-methylbenzene; 3-Cresol; 3-methyl-Phenol; 1-hydroxy-3-methylbenzene
International Union Name: 3-methylphenol
CAS No.: 108-39-4
EINECS number: 203-577-9
Molecular formula: C7H8O
Molecular weight: 108.14
Appearance and shape: transparent to slightly amber liquid
Melting point: 8-10 ° C
Boiling point: 203 ° C
Refractive index: 1.539-1.541
Flash point: 86 ° C
Water solubility: 20 g/L (20 ° C)
Storage conditions: 2-8 ° C
Color: Colorless, yellowish, brownish-yellow, or pinkish liquid
Colorless to yellow liquid [Note: A solid below 54 degrees F]
Process for the preparation of m-cresol (108-39-4):
The synthesis method is mainly used in foreign countries, and it can also be separated from coking; oil shale retorting and co-cresol of municipal gas. The p-cresol can be separated by azeotropic method, urea method, dissociated benzene method, sulfonation hydrolysis method, phenol crystallization method, alkylation method and the like.
1. Toluene and propylene form isopropyl toluene under the action of aluminum trichloride, and then oxidized by air to form isopropyl toluene hydroperoxide, which is acid-decomposed into acetone and phenol; After the mixed cresol and isobutylene are reacted, the characteristics of the difference in boiling point between the reaction products and the cresol alkylate are subjected to rectification to separate, and then the tert-butyl group is removed to obtain pure m-cresol.
2. O-xylene is oxidized by air to obtain o-methylbenzoic acid under the catalysis of cobalt naphthenate, and then oxidized and decarboxylated o-methylbenzoic acid with copper oxide and magnesium oxide as catalyst to obtain m-cresol. Limited amount:
FEMA (mg/kg): baked goods 1.0; meat products, soup products, snack foods, nuts products, instant coffee, instant tea, seasonings, gravy, all 0.5.
Packing level: II
Hazard category: 6.1
Customs code: 2907121100
Dangerous goods transport code: UN 2076 6.1/PG 2
Hazard Category Code: R24/25; R34
Safety instructions: S36/37/39-S45-S36/37
RTECS number: GO6125000
Dangerous goods mark: T
|Tel||0086 134 35409275|
|Fax||0086 757 84888673|
1. Are you a factory or tarding company?
Our company concentrates on on the production, sales and service for plastic and coating additives, fine chemicals and intermediates.
2. Where dose your company locate?
We locate in Heze, Shandong province of China, also have sales rep. in Foshan
3. Can you provide samples for quality checking before placing an order?
Samples are avaliable upon request, but the shipping cost should be paid by customer.
4. How to get the price list?
Please inqire us by alibaba/email.
5. What's your payment term?
100% TT Before Shipment